I know... It's past the first of February. I am very well aware that this should have happened looong ago, but Christmas did not get completely packed away till this afternoon... and I am a-okay with that.
Between you and me, it's been pretty busy here of late.
Travel did its bit... first to watch a dear friend marry her college sweetheart, and then for class to Central Europe.
My. Oh. My.
Put a new semester beginning on top of all of that, and it's no wonder...
But it is okay, because Christmas isn't the only thing I put away today. I've been working on quite a bit of late, and this whole organizing thing fits in pretty well with that.
If you recall Tuesday's post, you remember I finally made some resolutions. And one category was...
More Organized.
In my home.
My calendar.
My finances.
Well, putting away Christmas and quite a few other things which have hung around for some time left me with seeing my starting point. Organizing my home will not be an overnight effort, because it's much more than just a place for everything and everything in its place.
I hope to simplify- keep only things that bring me great joy. Not aquire new things- be a steward of what God has given me, and do it well.
I hope to decorate- make my space something I am proud of. This will be the first time I will have lived in a place for longer than a year- I really want to celebrate that because it's really something to celebrate. Kind of a marker to adulthood...
And I hope to enjoy the process and learn from it. Pinterest is holding ideas, for sure, but it won't be the only thing I look to. I've added a sidebar, and I hope to have resources linked over there, because there are lots of good ones out there.
Do YOU know of any good ways to organize your home? Any websites you frequent for tips?
No comments:
Post a Comment