Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ouch...



I don’t know if I have vented on this here, but man oh man, breaking your tailbone?
Hurts. 
And not moving when you’re used to moving lots? Oh, the frustrations abound, friends.
But there is much more joy in the little things, and I pray that when(not if, but when) I get back on a bike, I will appreciate so much more the ability to feel wind on my face and I will doubtless be wearing my helmet.  I’m going to enjoy swinging my hips and digging into the steps of Lindy and Blues like it’s my job, and I am going to pick up all of the little ones that God’s put in my life these days, and crawl around with them.
While I try to be still and let my bones knit back together, I have had lots more time in which to sit and write- and read… Does this mean I’m getting the schoolwork I need to done? Not necessarily.  It means I’m working on my soul though, and in this sort of mandatory stillness I have begun to explore a creative side and a spiritual side that lose out when we land solidly in a mind/body meld of the sort that comes with being an academic and training for something big.
It means I’m sewing.
It means I am sleeping (okay, the meds mean I am sleeping)deeply and, finally, somewhere close to enough. 
So, all in all, life’s good.  It's taken a little while to get past the pity party, but now that I am, I love the good I am seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment