Monday, January 31, 2011

January's almost gone? WHAT?

Man. I can't believe it.
January has been good and bad, and I'm really ready to put it behind me, because February promises some awesome in its own right. There will be an end-of-the month wrap-up in addition to the regular Monday posts... tracking progress and such. Bold type are completed tasks. Italics are tasks that were tougher, and why, and maybe even offer a solution.

The resolutions:
-Be closer to God
-prayer every morning This one has been hard... I think doing a devotional will be more effective... and the whole idea is to be in a routine, which with the presence of classes next month will be better.
-be thankful in writing every night
-Sew!
- chocolate dress
-blue-ish turtleneck I made it, but it didn't work out. I did learn from it and alter my pattern, so another attempt will be made soon.
- wine-colored skirt
-makeup bag almost done, just needs finishing touches.
-Budget
-don't buy clothes (I even got rid of some!)
-collect reciepts
-Be healthy
-run an easy 4 miles Well, first there was snow. Not safe. Then there was craziness. The getting-into-a-routine will help with this goal too.

The bad:
My car has been out of commission for most of the month... a first-world problem, to be sure, but that does not change how much I miss it. It's also going to be a budgetary thing to get it back and keep my finances in a fairly stable place... A student income is not friendly to major car repairs. Or major expenses of any kind.

And ending on a good note:
I love the positive changes I am seeing in myself already. A trend in my resolutions is that they are all about developing and reinforcing positive change in my life... It's my way of making sure I am as ready as I can be to do what God asks me to, and getting into that mindset is pretty good for me so far.
Also, seeing all of my friends again has been great after the break. I'm getting good feedback from the ones I've talked to about what I'm trying to do, and it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment