...like 2 perfectly scheduled snowdays
...or being on the right path to keep some resolutions. I have projects planned. A more thankful conclusion to every day. A pile of reciepts. Bills paid. A cleaner apartment. Drawers of clothes gone through.
I made a whole lists of resolutions, and I think I'll do better than I have in the past because I have a plan, and it's manageable because making it has come with instructions.
My guide? You would think someone who's perused as many self-help, get organized type thing would have thought to make lists... but man, this planner... when you sit down and make the lists, the stuff almost does itself. Really. Good lord.
Okay, okay, I'll stop with the teasing. There's a story behind this one. My friend Celia from undergrad is one of the most organized people on the face of the planet, and in her blog, she mentioned Michele Connolly and her Get Organized Goals and Priorities daily diary. And at that point, I followed my nose from her facebook page to the free link, and really, if I didn't already have an awesome calendar, I would switch over completely. The diary breaks it down. You make a list- and then you don't try to do everything on the list in one month. In fact, you do 3 things a month, using specified tasks you come up with at the beginning of the month.
And already, I'm checking off some specified tasks.
It's good. I'm relishing the small stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment