Jon and I are getting married! He proposed after a bike ride and it was really great! I hear it wasn't at all what he had planned, but it was better, in some ways, for that fact. I think that's partially why I had no idea it was gonna happen until it was happening. I kept wondering why he wouldn't really smile in pictures.
We're hoping we can stay true to the idea of very us throughout the planning and the process of preparing for a life together. There are so many THINGS that come out of the woodwork as soon as people find out you're getting married.
"Are you going to have this? No? Really? How are you going to manage?"
"You're getting married THIS YEAR?! Wow..."
"You're making your wedding dress?"
8 months, by the standards of many, is not a very long time in which to plan a wedding. But it is the time we have given ourselves to plan our wedding... And it's the time we've given ourselves to prepare.
I want to be the best me I can be when I walk down the aisle.
Healthy.
Balanced.
Happy.
Whole.
Because if I can be my best me, we have a better chance of being the best us.
I promise, this wont turn into a wedding blog. But I hope to post accounts about the journey to the best me; to the best us. All of that resolving needs to continue to happen. And I can't wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment