Sure, I've made budgets before, but I seem to get away from them on a pretty regular basis. I've tried different systems, stayed away from Target, gone on numerous fabric and spending diets... But I still have a hard time with money.
I'm going to try something a little different in April, and check my consumer impulses at the first of the month. It's a season of examination, and examining my blessings and (mis)use of them is part of that for me right now. There are so many people who do without and I've been doing a lot that hasn't been the best for me. Mindless trolling of the Internet and buying(and buying into) a lot of things that will "improve" my life. Things are band aids. The tangible cannot be used to change my core or bring me much(if any) lasting happiness.
I will make it my goal to spend $200 on food and personal needs outside of a pair of rainboots (that I planned to purchase already), purchases absolutely necessary for the wedding dress, and medical needs. I'll keep myself accountable here, and try to muse on the fruit of discovery that comes with this adventure. I'm hoping there will be lots of discovery and a much shorter to do list at the end of it. God has blessed me abundantly with a full pantry, an overly full fabric stash and craft closet, and a great city to explore. Hopefully I'll use them all. And evaluate what I really need in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment