Well, THINGS ARE HAPPENING!
We found a greenhouse-seed-starting-tower-thingy at 60% off just after our move to the country, and I put it together just after the last post in anticipation of being able to start seedlings on our porch- the weather was relatively mild through January and it seemed the thing to do.
After all, I went to my first seed swap and learned how to make things like paper pots and seed paper. It was knowledge meant to be used, right?
RIGHT??!
And so I did. Paper pots were duly made of old newsprint and filled with seed starter, placed into carefully labeled trays, and I felt like a champ, and waited to see what would come up...
But February was WINDY.
And this happened... Twice.
So February ended with no seedlings, but with bungee cords holding the greenhouse down, and with a gleeful purchase of window box hangers, strawberry plants, and collard green plants.
Growing space plans expanded and buckets once used to hold cow vitamin/mineral supplements became lovely, wonderful painted vessels of hope- with holes drilled for drainage they're painted and ready to be a couple potato buckets, a spot for peas, and all-around extra space.
March is going to kick it into high gear... bolstered by how yummy the broccoli we GREW was when we ate it this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment