Following through on the resolution Jon and I made to localize, I've been digging in to a few great books, and poring over the seed catalog.
I'm going to a Seed Swap on Saturday and can't believe how exciting the prospect of meeting other locavores is... I'm not under the illusion that I have a whole lot to offer, but I'm very much looking forward to being a sponge in this group of folks!
And I did plant some seeds.... Parsnips and greens(swiss chard, spinach, and a spring-mix-type-blend). Broccoli and kale are growing away, and the new addition to the deck garden(pictures soon- lots of new additions to the deck garden!)? A dear friend gave me walking onions as a gift for my ordination.
Hopefully, this time next month will see potato towers, onions and garlic all planted, and radishes and carrots moving right along... Looking forward to re-working the deck plants and having more useable outdoor space... mild temperatures through 3 seasons almost make summer worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment