Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why so sane?


It's funny how when you take a step back and evaluate, you really will learn things.  
I re-ordered some priorities bigtime and I took a minute to check in with where I am and I made some changes so that I'd be okay with that place.

I left my church job.
I think it was time... school and family are supposed to come before work, and that wasn't the case consistently, so I left work that I brought home with me and that pushed against what I’m learning about priorities in favor of work that'll stay at work.  
You see, I start sitting for a little one once a week next Friday... her parents think she's too cool for her to be work that comes home with me.  They'll keep her.

And I’m being selfish.  I’m taking care of me because right now is the time for me to make those habits a part of me... If I can’t do it now, when I am learning and growing in my ministry and in who I am, when will I take the time to?
I'm eating good food.
I'm running, spinning, riding bikes, and will be throwing weights in the mix too.
Sleeping more, and more deeply.  

This is a time when I'll try to be intentional about taking care of me- and remembering I am a child of God and worthy of care...  I am so thankful for the ability to be surrounded by a community that keeps me honest on this stuff.  It's so good to learn and grow here.  So.  Good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment